The skill needs to access your postcode in order to check that you live in Waverley and to then work out when your bin day is.
If Alexa asks you to “enable location permissions”, this can be done in the Settings for the skill via the Alexa App.
- Open the Alexa app
- Open the menu by tapping the three horizontal lines in top left corner
- In the menu, tap on “Skills & Games”
- Tap on the “Your Skills” tab
- Locate and open the “Waverley Bins: skill by tapping on it
- Tap the “SETTINGS” button
- Tap the “Manage Settings” link
- Tap the box next to “Device Country and Postcode” so it is ticked
- Tap the “SAVE SETTINGS” button
- Try using the skill again
Note: we only access your postcode and no other personally identifiable information. We only use you postcode for the purposes of working out your bin day. You can revoke permissions to the skill at any time by following the steps above or by removing the skill.