The device you are using the skill on (e.g. your Amazon Echo) needs to have a Waverley postcode set to be able to work out when your bin day is.
If Alexa tells you “you don’t have your postcode set” or “check the postcode in your Alexa app for this device is a valid Waverley postcode”, this can be done in the Settings for your device via the Alexa App.
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap on the Devices icon on the right hand side of the bottom menu
- Locate the device you are using e.g. your Echo device
- Scroll down and tap on the “Location” option
- Enter your Waverley address and postcode or ensure the postcode set is a valid Waverley postcode
- Click the “Save” link in the top top right of the screen
- Try using the skill again
If the postcode you have set is a valid Waverley postcode but are still having problems:
- Double check you have set the postcode on the correct device that you are currently using. Most people have more than one Echo or other Alexa device.
- Contact us with your postcode so we can check we have it in our system on [email protected]